Welcome to Bailiff Bridge Village


Go to content

Memorial Garden.

About Bailiff Bridge

Memorial Garden.

The Memorial Garden and Cenotaph were built in Bailiff Bridge by the owners of T. F. Firths & Company in 1920 as a mark of respect and remembering former workers of their mills at Bailiff Bridge and their sister Mill in Heckmondwike who went to serve their country in World War One never to return.

The garden has a gate at each corner with each having a flagged path leading to the centre of the garden where the Cenotaph proudly stands, there is also a raised area on the north side of the park that leads to a covered lean-to type building designed so people could sit a while when paying their respect without getting wet if it was raining. In recent years the Bailiff Bridge Association along with Calderdale Council spent some time restoring this park to its former glory with the exception of modern pre-cast concrete flags (donated by a local quarry and building suppler) replacing the broken stone flags.

Home Page | About Bailiff Bridge | News | Sale & Wants | What's on | Local Directory | Click a Links | Featured Adverts | Contact Us | Site Map


Thank you for viewing Bailiff Bridge Village Website.Copyrightę2012 www. bailiff-bridge.co.uk | brian.mob@hotmail.co.uk

Back to content | Back to main menu